Lusty Eyelashes! – Whats hot at Irish Beauty Show 2011
Have you ever wanted that extra pop in your eyes and found that your mascara just couldn’t cut it?
Have you ever wanted the sultry eyed drama of a leading lady?
If you answered yes to either of those questions, then I think you are ready to go all the way; falsies (get your mind out of the gutter, I’m talking about your lashes).
False Lashes are lush and glamorous, but the majority of women out there are afraid of them. Some of you think they look too artificial and some think they are just too much effort. Let me shed some light on this for you…First, false lashes will look artificial if you put them on wrong (or if you choose the sort of lash that should only be sold at a drag queen boutique). Secondly, they are fast and easy, seriously.
1. Curl your lashes. A good curl is essential to making your own lashes blend into and become one with the strip. This step is especially important if your lashes naturally grow downward (your strip will point down with your lashes if you don’t curl them. I can assure you that is not what we want).
2. Trim the end of your strip lash so that it is the same length (or a little shorter) than your eyelid. If they are too long, they will be uncomfortable and eventually peel away.
TIP: Before applying your lashes, wrap them around an eyeliner pencil for a few minutes. This will give them a curve that better holds to the shape of the lid.
3. Apply eyelash glue (Duo is my favorite) evenly along the band that runs through the lash. Allow it to dry for about ten seconds. Tacky glue will adhere quickly and easily to the lid.
4. Lay the strip right along your lash line and hold it there for a few seconds. Be sure that the outside end of the strip lies exactly in line with where the eyelashes begin at the outer corner of your eye.
Tip: Use an orange wood stick, or the handle side of your tweezers to push the glued band right up against your lash line. Please do not use the slanted edge of the tweezers…accidents do happen.
5. When the adhesive has fully dried, draw a line of pencil or liquid liner over the strip (and the glue). This will hide that seam (which is often clear or white), making the lashes look more natural.
6. Apply a coat of mascara from underneath your lashes. This will mix and hold your natural lashes to the false ones, again, making the strip look even more natural.